My client a leading investment bank is currently looking to develop their ecommerce platform enabling them to distribute their multi-asset products both internally and externally. Their offering is a fully automated platform that has a complete workflow from pricing, pre-trade through to execution and post trade actions.
My client is looking to bring on a senior Java Developer with a proven track-record in delivery of similar systems, preferably in Tier 1 investment banking teams, with particular focus on pricing, execution and or post trade platforms. The role will sit within a global team covering 3 continents with strong sponsorship at the senior management level and is part of a strategic agenda to improve the bank and FICC Digital capabilities.
The candidate will be a low-latency Java engineer with a proven track record of successful project delivery. They will be capable of working efficiently and precisely; be self-motivated, adaptable and enthusiastic; be an excellent communicator with a focus on team working; be skilled in analysis and problem solving; and have a strong mixture of technology and business skills. The candidate will be involved in designing and delivering the new system including design architectures, optimisations and some production operation in conjunction with trading/sales desks and application support teams.
Required experience and technical Skills:
- Built highly multi-threaded systems in a low latency environment using core java (Collections, multithreading, OOP, GC)
- Object orientated design and architecture skills (EIPs, Application Architecture, Design Patterns, Redundant and fault-tolerant systems design)
- Worked in a performance sensitive SoA/Micro-services environment
- Unix systems – Redhat, CentOS, etc
- Relational Databases - Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Flyway, Liquibase
- Messaging architectures and systems (transaction processing)
- In-memory data grid – Oracle Coherence or Gigaspaces, Hazlecast, Gridgain, etc
- Full-lifecycle development including build and deployment tools – Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, OpsCode Chef, Ansible, Docker, Zookeeper
- Focus on TDD and or BDD
- Strong analytical skills in pricing and trading, ideally in FX, to support effective requirements capture from business teams into deliverables.