The role requires strong technical and analytical skills, and the ability to think quickly and clearly. The role would suite a self-starter who enjoys creating a feature, component or service from conception through to delivery, and who then enjoys seeing their code in action on a daily basis.
Continuous improvement and a successful candidate would enjoy sharing with and learning from a team of talented systems engineers.
The role encompasses the following activities, working alongside senior developers,:
· Design, code, test and release new features and enhancements
· Undertake and manage technical data integration of new clients
· Develop tools to improve internal processes and maintain quality of service
· Investigate and fix software issues in existing systems
· Support and monitor production systems on a rota basis
· Provide second-line technical assistance to end users by telephone and e-mail
· Document code, interfaces, services and procedures as appropriate
· Update management with progress on assigned tasks, and identify issues / delays / dependencies in good time
· Identify opportunities for system / process improvements or new features
· Work autonomously or as a team member in an ad-hoc team
· There is the potential for increased or additional responsibility depending on aptitude and experience.
· Perl: OO, with an appreciation of inheritance, encapsulation, performance, complex multi-dimensional data structures, loose coupling and high cohesion, separation of concern etc.
· MySQL: SQL, data normalisation, query optimisation, database structures and performance, set-based data-processing.
• Strong design and software development skills, including appropriate OO patterns
• SQL and relational data modelling skills
• Experience in software development for *nix / web deployment
• Good problem solving skills, and the ability to prioritise appropriately
• Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with technical contacts at clients and to provide telephone & e-mail support to end users
If you feel you have all of the above then please do send through your CV. Alternatively you can contact me directly on 0207 553 9370 or firstname.lastname@example.org