Even though banks and financial institutions are adopting crypto, we are still very much in the early stages of the market. Today’s guest, Richard Byworth, is the CEO of the EQONEX Group, which provides crypto and digital assets to institutions and individuals at any level. In this episode, Richard shares why he left the world of banking for Fintech. Having built his wealth through traditional means, he realized that protecting it conventionally was not going to work. This sparked his interest in Bitcoin, and has even led to a career pivot. We hear about EQONEX’s products and services, what you need to keep in mind if you want to work in crypto, and the effects the pandemic has had on the market. Unlike many industries, lockdowns have greatly benefited crypto. This timely conversation is well worth tuning in for!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Get to know today’s guest, Richard Byworth, and how he ended up in the world of Fintech.
- The five attributes of gold that made it so desirable.
- Why Richard was so drawn to Bitcoin and how he got pulled into the crypto space.
- The range of products and services that EQONEX offers.
- Hiring is a key part of the startup world, particularly in crypto.
- The crypto market never sleeps, so before getting involved, you have to be sure it’s what you want.
- How the pandemic has impacted EQONEX.
- Richard’s take on why crypto is getting more institutional recognition.
- We are still in the very early stages of crypto, according to Richard.
- The interest EQONEX has seen from banks and financial institutions.
- How the China crypto crackdown has impacted EQONEX and the market generally.
- What we can expect from EQONEX in the next year.