Sam Gasson, Chief People Officer at EC1 Partners, sits down with Kishan Patel, an Executive Consultant at our London office.
Kishan joined EC1 Partners just over 2 years ago and has excelled, he has achieved two promotions in the last year alone! During episode 2 of our Life in FinTech podcast, Kish talks about his journey from graduating with a computer science degree to his career in recruitment offering insights into the decisions that got him to where he is today. Kish offers advice to those who are looking for their next career move.
If you are looking for career advice, then this is the podcast for you!
Key points from the Life in FinTech Podcast Episode 3:
- Kishan studied computer science at university on a whim and found himself working in the world of software development. Although Kish is passionate about technology, a career in software development didn’t suit his personality,
- Kishan enjoys working in recruitment as he found it utilises both his people and technical skills, something he didn’t get from software development.
- Kishan eventually landed his job in EC1 and hasn’t looked back.
- One of Kishan’s favourite things about the role is helping candidates find jobs in places they may not have looked otherwise.
- Kishan has had 2 promotions in the last year, which he credits to his drive and desire to learn and grow.
- Kishan is passionate about sharing his journey and offering career advice to those studying technology.
- Kishan would recommend that anyone who doesn’t know what they want to do should reflect on what their strengths are and what they want from a job. Once they have figured that out they can use those pieces of information to figure out what job suits them.