At EC1 Partners, we have one mission: to create success for our global FinTech partners, both clients and candidates. We go to exceptional lengths to find and connect Operations, Compliance and Support specialists to the world’s leading FinTech companies.
We provide recruitment services to FinTech companies worldwide and have offices in London, New York, Miami, and Singapore.
Live Operations, Compliance & Support FinTech Jobs
Middle Office Analyst
My client is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of their multi asset post-trading platform. Their global trading platform supports trading across many asset classes and geographies. Their Middle Office team designs and operates the systems and processes that reconcile the firm’s trading with our various brokers and counterparties.
Due to the high volume of trades and complexity of the system, they rely heavily on automation and are looking for candidates who have exceptional attention to detail. In addition to reconciling trades and positions around the globe, their Middle Office team will collaborate with multiple teams to research corporate actions, maintain commissions programs, and track all costs incurred by our trading.
Being a member of the Middle Office team means working on a tight-knit, highly productive team. They are looking for someone who loves technology and wants to work on a variety of operational projects using whatever tools best solve the problem at hand. Excellent communication and the ability to work across teams are a must, along with a can-do, no-task-too-small attitude.
In their fast-paced, multi-asset trading environment, you will be responsible for the following:
• Working closely with the Business Development, Post Trade and Accounting teams to identify improvements in the current workflow as well as assisting in the implementation of those improvements.
• Documenting complex processes to develop Middle Office guidelines and procedures.
• Onboarding new trading into existing technology and platforms.
• Reconciling daily position, cash and PnL breaks, coordinating with both internal and external parties.
• Maintaining and updating the commission structures across all markets.
• You have an interest in digital assets.
• Willingness to work with a product without an industry standard.
• Understanding of forks, proof-of-work vs. proof-of-stake, and other trading and digital assets-related features is a plus, but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical discipline like CS, Finance, Engineering, Physics, Math, etc, but we are open!
• 2 – 10 years of relevant experience. We’re looking for a wide range of experience levels.
• Experience with SQL and relational databases.
• Experience with command-line text manipulations in UNIX operating systems (we use Linux).
• Experience in Python.
• You take ownership of your work and are willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
• You can debug, analyze, and troubleshoot problems quickly under pressure.
• You truly like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do.
• You are skeptical by nature and have a high attention to detail.
• You are excited by the idea of working independently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
My client brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. They have built one of the world’s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Their researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading. They welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. They’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from veterans and new hires alike. At the company, they’re friends and colleagues – whether its sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. They embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office. Feel like you belong here? Their goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. They are proud of their diverse staff; offices all over the globe and benefit from their varied and unique perspectives. The company is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are they’d love to get to know you.
Speak to a Consultant
Not found the right FinTech job for you? Check out our full range of jobs here to start your new career in Fintech today.
Searching for a FinTech Operations, Compliance & Support Job?
We have unprecedented access to the world’s leading FinTech companies. Whatever your career aspirations are, submit your CV, and one of our experts will be in touch.
Looking for FinTech Operations, Compliance & Support Specialists?
EC1 Partners are recognised as expert recruiters in the FinTech market. We work with top talent globally and create partnerships with our candidates, so they trust us to find them their next FinTech Operations, Compliance and Support role both quickly and effectively.
Find top talent in record time.
Whether you’re looking to work in Operations, Compliance and Support or are looking to find FinTech talent, EC1 Partners will utilise their years of industry experience and market access to connect you to the top FinTech companies worldwide and the greatest minds in Operations and Support.
Where do you start with FinTech recruitment?
We don’t just place candidates; we guide you and provide support throughout the whole recruitment process. We have a proven track record in the FinTech space – if you want to talk through your requirements in more detail, get in touch with the team today.