EC1 Partners Group Privacy Notice
This privacy notice sets out how we (EC1 Partners Group) will process personal information or personal data provided to us. For the purposes of this document, we will be referring to this as personal data. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our Group means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, our associated companies as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (our Group), including EC1 Partners Holdings Limited, EC1 Partners Limited, EC1 Partners Inc and EC1 Partners PTE Ltd.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, our commercial activities and services for individuals and businesses are referred to as ‘Recruitment Services’, and our actual or potential hiring customers are referred to as ‘Clients’. Individuals looking for a role are referred to as ‘Candidates’. This group may also include employees, who work within the Group.
If you do not wish us to process personal data in accordance with this policy, then please do not provide it to us.Please refer to the Section ’Your rights ‘, in respect of data that we already hold, or which we receive from third parties.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are and what we do
We are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and EmploymentBusinesses Regulations 2003 (our business). We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities. Informationyou give to us or we collect about you.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in discussion boards or other social mediafunctions on our site, have a meeting with us or even a general discussion over the phone or via email.
The information you give us or we collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate e- mail address and phone number, financial information, compliance documentation and references verifying yourqualifications and experience and your right to work in the United Kingdom, curriculum vitae and photograph, links toyour professional profiles available in the public domain e.g.
LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website. For more information this please read the section ‘What Information We Collect’.
Information we collect about you when you visit our website.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information if applicable, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certainpages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browseaway from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we obtain from other sources.
This is information we obtain about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, your business card and personal recommendations.
We are working closely with third parties including sub-contractors in technical, professional, payment and other services, such as search information providers, credit reference agencies and professional advisors. We may receive information about you from them for the purposes of our recruitment services and ancillary support services.
What information we collect.
This will vary depending on whether you are a candidate, client or employee. The personal data we collect or receive for candidates includes:
- Name, address, email and other contact details and date of birth
- Work history, salary and remuneration
- Educational history, qualifications & skills
- Identification including passport and visa and other right to work or identity information
- National insurance details
- Contact details of referees and information contained in references and pre-employment checks from third parties
- References and links to your professional profiles available in the public domain such as LinkedIn, Twitter or corporate website
- Other sensitive personal information such as health records or criminal record checks (see ‘Sensitive Personal Data’ section below)
- Your marketing preferences
The personal data we collect or receive for clients includes:
- Your contact information, which may include your full name, job role, contact telephone number and email
- Your statements and opinions about candidates and/or other personnel e.g. a reference
- Information relating to our relationship with you or the party for whom you work including records of any meetings or discussions
- Your marketing preferences
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between youand us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or we thinkwill be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, been provided with or enquired about.
- The core service we offer to our candidates and clients is the introduction of candidates to our clients for the purpose of temporary or permanent engagement. However, our service expands to supporting individuals throughout their career and to supporting businesses’ resourcing needs and strategies.
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, described in more detailbelow, although we will also rely on contract, legal obligation and consent for specific uses of data.
We will rely on contract if we are negotiating or have entered into a placement agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on to you to fulfil our legal obligations.
We will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a client (if you are a candidate).
Our Legitimate Business Interests
Our legitimate interests in collecting and retaining your personal data is described below:
- As a recruitment business and recruitment agency we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment, temporary worker placements or independent professional contracts. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
- In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
- To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
Should we want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by emailor by an online process for the specific activity we require consent for and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time.
Other Uses we will make of your data:
Use of our website;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We do not undertake automated decision making or profiling. We do use our computer systems to search andidentify personal data in accordance with parameters set by a person. A person will always be involved in the decision-making process.
Disclosure of your information
We will share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Clients for the purpose of introducing candidates to them;
- Candidates for the purpose of arranging interviews and engagements;
- Clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and compliance
- Obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Credit reference agencies, compliance partners and other sub-contractors for the purpose of assessing yoursuitability for a role where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If EC1 Partners or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
protect the rights, property, or safety of EC1 Partners, our customers, or others. This includes exchanginginformation with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The lawful basis for the third-party processing will include:
- Their own legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil their internal resourcing needs;
- Satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor;
- For the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation;
- To fulfil their legal obligations.
Where we store and process your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; anytransmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your data
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so. Accordingly, we have a data retention noticeand run data routines to remove data that we no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
We do the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
- Prior to making an introduction we check that we have accurate information about you
- We keep in touch with you so you can let us know of changes to your personal data
We segregate our data so that we keep different types of data for different time periods. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data includes:
- The nature of the personal data;
- Its perceived accuracy;
- Our legal obligations;
- Whether an interview or placement has been arranged; and
- Our recruitment expertise and knowledge of the industry by country, sector and job role.
We may archive part or all of your personal data or retain it on our financial systems only, deleting all or part of it from our main Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system. We may pseudonymise parts of your data,particularly following a request for suppression or deletion of your data, to ensure that we do not re-enter your personal data on to our database, unless requested to do so.
For your information, Pseudonymised Data is created by taking identifying fields within a database and replacing them with artificial identifiers, or pseudonyms.
Our current retention notice is available upon request.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you(before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and we will collect express consent from you if legally required prior to using your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers andaffiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You also have the following rights with regard to your data:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body in your location, whether that is the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK, the Federal Trade Commission in the US or the EDPS (European Data Protection Supervisor) in Europe. In the first instance, please raise any complaint by contacting [email protected]
Access to information
You have the right to access personal data that we hold on you. This is called a subject access request and shouldbe submitted to [email protected] We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notifiedto you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected]