Company & Location:
Corporate Title: Energy & Commodities Business Development Manager, Americas
Reports to: Head of Sales, Americas
Corporate culture and guiding principles:
We are professional intermediaries playing a pivotal role in the world’s financial, energy and commodities markets. Matching buyers and sellers, we create liquidity and price discovery in these markets and provide insight and context to our clients.
We operate a hybrid model where brokers provide business-critical intelligence to clients. It’s supplemented by proprietary screens for historical data, analytics and execution functionality.
Globally, we’re the leading provider of proprietary over the counter pricing information and a unique source of data on financial, energy and commodities products. Our market data is independent, unbiased and non-position influenced.
Our clients include banks, insurance companies, pension and hedge funds, asset managers, energy producers and refiners as well as risk and compliance managers.
We are known in the market for our Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence in the provision of service to our clients. Above all else, we Respect our clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of our cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
The E&C Business Development Manager, Americas, will work to aggressively grow (E&C) revenue across key regional markets, strategic accounts and new product initiatives from both existing customers and new logo acquisition. You will own client interaction, lead curation, regional sales strategy and localised interaction with key channel partners. Internally you will work closely with the product specialist, sales and marketing teams to accelerate growth. It will also be important to build stakeholder engagement with the relevant brokerage desks.
• Drive organic revenue growth from key markets, strategic accounts and new products across existing customers and new business opportunities
• Construct, forecast, and manage pipeline via Salesforce.com • Communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email, and in-person meetings. • Develop strong collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders • Perform diverse functions effectively: territory management, account management sales
strategy and lead generation • Maintain and build on your understanding of energy & commodities markets Contribute
to the global E&C sales and marketing strategy • Implement strategic key account plans • To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
• Proven track record of growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and organizational goals
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying customer needs
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment • 3-5 years relevant sales experience • Skilled in use of Salesforce.com and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) • Understanding of energy & commodities markets • Self-starter with ability to problem solve, adapt, and grow with the sales organization • Demonstrate previous experience selling market data & analytics • Understanding of sales methodology preferable but not essential