Our client is a Global data analytics provider across pre and post trade. They are now looking for a senior Data Analytics Product Manager to join their London team, focusing on OTC data products.
What you will be doing:
Working with the product management and data engineering teams to facilitate product proto-typing, building out new and existing products, and speaking with clients and the market as a product specialist.
- Work alongside Product Managers in areas such as OTC financial market data (multi asset class), Benchmarks & Indices, Risk & Regulatory Solutions as well as Trading Analytics to develop prototypes of data-driven products and solutions.
- Act as a key point of contact between the Product, Engineering and Development teams and use knowledge of underlying data, financial markets and client needs to influence technical product design and builds.
- Provide feedback to Product, Quant, and Engineering teams to help shape product strategy and execution roadmap.
- Work with quantitative analytics team to research and develop prototypes that require a deeper pricing expertise.
- Act as a data hunter and identify data sources (e.g. indicative market data as well as transactional data) from a multitude of internal and external systems.
- Act as a Product SME for advanced data science workflows and technologies for capital markets and energy and commodity use cases.
What you will bring:
- Financial mathematics background with a practical working knowledge of how to apply standard derivative pricing theory
- Advanced programming skills in python
- Understanding of how to build and calibrate indicative pricing models for OTC derivative and cash instruments (e.g. interest rate, FX, Equity, credit derivatives and FI cash)
- Detailed knowledge of OTC derivative and cash (with a particular focus on Interest rate, FX and Energy derivatives as well as FI/Credit) products including pricing, conventions, trading, risk management and typical market data use cases
- Transform data from and derive tangible insights from JSON messages
- Ability to rebuild order books from JSON messages
- Apply standard machine learning techniques to practical problems
- Experience of writing technical requirements documentation and working within an Agile project management framework
- Write presentations and articulate concepts and ideas to non-technical colleagues and counterparts
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and used to working within a fast paced commercial environment